Friday, December 4, 2015

Good Good Father

You're a good good father. its who you are, its who you are, its who you are, and I'm loved by you

I first heard this song at the beginning of the summer from a worship team at the guesthouse. Then at the Global Leadership Summit, Bill Hybels introduced the song with two other worship songs. I often find myself repeating these lyrics in my mind and am reminded of the good good father that I have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djrY_eFDOwE

He is good and he loves us immeasurably more than we can imagine. In so many ways I can relate to this song because I have an earthly father that loves me. He knows me, he cares for me and is willing to walk with me in times that are good and times that are difficult.


I have been reading a book Forgotten God by Francis Chan with some amazing women. I love how the truths found in this book have power in our lives today. In one of the video segments, Francis describes the relationship with each of his children. How he loves them differently, each in a way that matters most to them. Our Heavenly father knows each of us by name, how we desire to be loved and how we feel valued. This is how I feel. I know my Heavenly father loves me in a way that speaks to who I am. He knows me, he loves me and he loves me in a way that matters most to me. 

 Grace Village, has the responsibilty of over 40 children we are called to care for them as the father cares for his children. To know what makes them laugh. To find that smile, squint or smirk. I know when I am at Grace, I will try in any way to love the kids in a way that makes them know they are valued. Sometimes that means my hair gets some crazy dos, I learn all about some awesome soccer move that Messi recently demonstrated in a game and constantly hear Gade'M or Watch Me because they want me to see them. I want them to know how incredible they are and how valuable they are. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDd5qtYAI0Tm59Bk6hwOjbg
Just one of my subscribed Youtube Channels :)

When children know that no matter where they go, or what they do, they will be loved. This is transformative. I know when I truly know that I too am valuable and that my father loves me, I am capable of more and have the ability to change the world around me. 

Karyn Purvis and the Texas Christian University Child Development Program demonstrates how we can show children they are precious and loved. What a blessing it has been to show this love to the kids at Grace Village. Its been over 15 months since the Grace Kids moved into their family homes. They know their parents love them, care for them and will provide for them. Parenting is one of the hardest jobs, but it gives the greatest reward. James 1:27 is simple in its command "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress.." This is our call. This is what we get to do. 




Family is a blessing from our father. It demonstrates the Heavenly connection we have to our perfect father.  "The World is a better place when the family is strengthened" Healing Haiti's purpose statement has been demonstrated in families that live at grace, the families in the areas we serve and in my own family. My own family has been to Haiti several times on holidays, vacations and extended trips. Haiti has had an effect on each of us. I know the blessings continue to come as my own brother and sister-in-law will be parents this spring!




God, you are a good good father. Its who you are. My prayer is that each of us would know how truly loved we are by the father. Whether we have a supportive family on earth or not. Our Heavenly Father knows our preciousness and wants us a part of his family. 




No comments:

Post a Comment