Friday, March 1, 2013

Babies.Baptism.Blessings

I am so grateful for the blessings of friends and the warmth they have shown me during my time in Haiti. Family is so important to me and so I'm grateful to know its important to so many in Haiti as well :) Madame Keslet works in the guesthouse and is always such a positive personality. She continues to surprise me with her new English phrases and watches for my shocked face so that she can throw her head back and giggle in accomplishment of a new phrase! What a joy she is!! Last Saturday was her day off but she brought her youngest, Roseminka into the guesthouse so that I could meet her! I loved her beautiful face and her smile is just like mom's. We enjoyed some snacks and coloring!


That same day Natacha--who has been such a blessing, asking and answering all sorts of questions about Haiti, food and life--brought her son Kennedy so that we could meet him as well! A shy little boy that is learning English and just so adorable. However he did pose for a picture with mama Erika and sweet baby Oak :)


Baptism time! Maxim whom always has a smile on his face was just glowing at his baby's baptism! She looked just like a cupcake in all white from head to toe! I wondered how warm she was in all those layers... She looked great and her family was so proud, as we are of princess! Erika and Oak came along for the event which was great since the entire service was in Creole I was so blessed to have her there to help decipher how the service was playing out:) Nickenson, a translator/driver at the guesthouse was the god-father and so it was especially nice to see everyone dressed up!


I am blessed to be able to work with so many people that care for me both here in Haiti but especially in Minnesota. What a blessing it is to know I am supported on all sides:) I know that as God called me to Haiti he provided/still provides the right people at the right time. Jesus Calling, the devotional has been such a blessing when I need a daily pick me up, God has the exact phrase that I need which only strengthens my faith in a powerful God.

Blessings!

Elisa Laura


















1 comment:

  1. Blessings Elisa. So humbled seeing you serve and give everything of yourself.

    ReplyDelete