Sunday, March 31, 2013

Restore week

This was my first week of restore and I was able to take my 3 month break to the states. I flew into Virginia to meet family and then drove down to the outerbanks NC for the week.

It has been so nice to be quiet, rest and see family. Such a blessing! We enjoyed lots of family meals laughing and joking as well it was nice to have Christine and Michelle visiting. Breakfast in bed was a plus thanks to the boys for cooking! What a bonus to have the hot tub as the first few days were pretty chilly for this Haitian girl. We all were introduced to hibachi for the first time and even celebrated my birthday a little early.

I feel so blessed to be able to take a break and feel refreshed :) I am eager to get back home to Haiti and am definitely missing everyone. Goodbye beach house...now for some real beach weather!

This week I am reminded of the sacrifice that Jesus made for each one of us. Not because he deserved the punishment but because WE did. What an encouragement to know that the God of this universe cares for each one of us. Whether we have $5 in our bank account or $5 million God came and died for each one of us. I encourage you, myself included, to show that kind of love to the people you interact with. God has equipped all of us with the ability to love and cherish one another. May you enjoy this characteristic and choose to love even when it's difficult.

Hope everyone has a great Easter!

Blessings

Elisa Laura













No comments:

Post a Comment